Why use EZID?
Open data, open science, open access
- EZID provides a great way to promote open sharing, because it allows the content creator to establish a permanent link to the object.
- When the object get cited by others, even if is moved to a new location, the citation reference will always work, as long as the metadata is updated.
- EZID itself is built with open source components, and clients are contributing open source add-ons as well.
- And now, EZID is also linked to CrossRef, a huge benefit for non-profit open-access publishers that want CrossRef services for their journals.
Funders demand management and tracking
- The data management plan will save you time and resources in the long run and ensure that the data will be usable in the future.
- Moreover, the OSTP Public Access Memo requires an approach to "identifying and providing appropriate attribution to scientific data sets" for covered agency public access plans.
- EZID services can help. Contact your university library or one of our current clients and ask for EZID.
The changing role of the library
- As your Library develops data management and data curation services, you are looking for ways to reach out to scholars and meet their data-related needs.
- EZID is flexible, affordable and extensible, allowing the Library to sponsor access for all scholars on a campus.
- The Library can become known as the go-to place for data citation, data sharing, and data management.
Storage going global
- You can offer the EZID services to your clients so that they can register an ARK or DOI now and circulate and cite the clickable addresses to their colleagues.
- You will appreciate the automated workflows available with EZID's easy application programming interface (API), its standards-based processes, and the growing community of support.